Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some questions that our clients often have. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

How do I know when to get help from a Speech-Language Pathologist?

Speech-Language Canada’s website has guidelines for children and adults. These guidelines will help you determine whether you may want to seek out help. If you are unsure, please ask us. We are happy to discuss any concern with you!

  • SAC - Children’s Guidelines

  • SAC - Adult Guidelines

Is this covered by my benefits?

Many insurance and extended health benefit plans provide coverage for private speech-language services. We recommend you check with your own provider for specific coverage details - it may be more than you think! We provide receipts for all our services with our Saskatchewan registration numbers printed on them to qualify for insurance reimbursement.

Do I need a referral from a doctor?

No, you do not need a doctor’s referral to access our services. You can self-refer for yourself or your child/dependent for private speech-language services at any time. Some benefit plans, however, may require a physician’s prescription; we recommend checking with your insurance provider for more information.

What are the costs for service?

Our rates vary depending on the type of service and the length of session required. We aim to work both within our clients’ needs and budgets.

Why should I access private speech-language services?

Families access our services for a variety of reasons. Many families choose private services because they want to start sooner than what is available through public services, or they want more frequent or longer sessions than what is being provided publically. Families may also access private services in the event public services are not available for the specific treatment need.